Scarning Pre-School is a charity based organisation, located within the grounds of Scarning Primary School . We are run independently from the school by an elected committee of pre-school parents. Scarning Pre-School is Ofsted registered and all staff are trained in The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). We accept children from 18 months to school age. Our Pre-School has its own fully enclosed outside play area and the premises are accessible to adults and children who may have disabilities.
At Scarning Pre-School We Strive To:
- Effectively prepare the children for the next stage in their education, by learning through play.
- Enhance the development and education of all children – we like to involve parents/carers to create a happy community based group.
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Work within the statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage which believes every child deserves the best start in life.
- Support every child so they can fulfil their potential, ensuring equality of opportunity for all the children and families.
We Can Offer Your Child:
- An in depth and specially tailored curriculum developed through the Early Years Foundation Stage framework leading to approved learning outcomes with the support of a personal keyworker.
- The staff are exceptionally trained and qualified and all permanent members of staff have reached a minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Pre-School practice or working towards, whilst the manager is working towards level 6.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals and meeting all children’s requirements including special and additional needs. One member of the team is SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator). Another member of staff is SLP (Safeguarding Lead Professional)
- Individual care and attention made possible by the high ratio of adults to children.
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults.
- We have easy access to our very own spacious garden.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection was on the 13th June 2019, where we were rated as Good.
Discover a typical day at Scarning Pre-School…
Read our Frequently Asked Questions